AutoRek is a leading provider of financial controls, regulatory reporting and data management software. Established in 1994, we are a fast paced and innovative FinTech with a customer base made up of some of the world’s leading financial services companies and we continue to go from strength to strength.
Overview of the role:
Based within our Head Office in the heart of Glasgow’s Innovation District (though full team currently working remotely due to Covid-19), our AutoRek Application Support Engineers provide 1st to 3rd lines of support to more than 600 AutoRek users across our 60 plus customers.
We are now seeking an experienced Application Support Lead for this business critical team. This role will be challenging and diverse and plays a crucial part in taking our support team to the next level, ensuring a fantastic experience for all our clients. We are not just looking for someone to carry out the day to day but to mentor, lead and grow the existing team.
Please note this is not a Desktop/Network support role and only applicants with a background in software application support will be considered.
What you will do:
- Lead and mentor the existing team of Application Support Engineers whilst being ready to be hands on as and when required.
- Review current processes and procedures, making improvements where necessary
- Be escalation point for any support related issue
- Ensure SLAs are consistently met across our client base
- Establish programme of proactive maintenance and health checking of software across customer base
- Liaise daily with third party suppliers and building relationships with them
- Attend regular service review meetings with customers, providing them useful insight on the support provided
- Knowledge share across the team and continuous improvement of our support toolset.
Your skills & knowledge:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as an Application Support Lead or similar role in a B2B setting
- Technically strong with excellent knowledge and understanding of T-SQL or ANSI-SQL
- Strong skills with SQL Server, preferably 2016 onwards
- Experienced in getting up to speed with complex software applications
- Experience in mentoring of team members and encouraging growth and development
- Previous involvement in building out a support team including reviewing existing processes and making improvements
- Full knowledge and understanding ITIL specifically incident, change and problem management processes
- Cloud Knowledge (Microsoft/AWS preferred)
Desirable skills & knowledge:
- Educated to HND level in computing discipline
- Knowledge of MS SQL database administration/maintenance
- Experience on investigating DB performance issues
- Knowledge of Financial Services Industry
We offer a competitive salary, private healthcare, income protection and life cover. In addition, we offer a supportive and flexible environment where team and community are key. We look to support everyone in achieving their career aspirations and goals and understand our success is only determined by the success of our team. We therefore provide access to the Pluralsight platform, a generous training budget across the company and provide access to industry events.
All this and not to mention a fantastic new office in the Merchant City, a health and wellbeing programme, fully stocked snack bar (and beer fridge for a Friday), annual Away Day and many other social activities throughout the year.
If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, then apply today.