AutoRek is a leading provider of financial controls, regulatory reporting and data management software. Established in 1994, we are a fast paced and innovative FinTech with a customer base made up of some of the world’s leading financial services companies and we continue to go from strength to strength.
We have some ambitious targets for the coming years which will see significant growth to our customer base. To achieve our goals, we are now looking to expand our Consulting and Delivery team across our key sectors including banking, insurance and asset management.
Overview of the role:
Based within our Head Office in the heart of Glasgow’s Innovation District, the Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs of clients within specific projects and in relation to the AutoRek platform.
Working alongside the Technical and Business Consultants, the BA will ensure that the requirements are accurately translated into both scoping documents and detailed business requirements, and delivered accordingly. The BA will work across a range of projects predominantly within the financial services industry, with a focus on the Insurance Sector. Projects will range from standard data management and reconciliation projects to regulatory reporting and compliance projects.
Further to this the BA, through their knowledge and understanding of the Insurance sector will be tasked with identifying new market opportunities and will work across the business to develop these in to viable propositions.
Responsibilities of role:
- Provision of specific sector expertise and knowledge to delivery teams.
- Working alongside wider team to translate the end user requirements in to application/system requirements.
- Capturing, analysing and documenting functional requirements.
- Reviewing requirements documents prepared by internal product development team.
- Business process modelling – investigating operational requirements, issues and opportunities to seek effective solutions.
- Development of new propositions.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working either within an operational insurance function or as part of a change/transition programme within a General Insurance firm.
- Desirable experience with IFRS17 and Solvency II.
- Professional finance qualification preferred.
- Project management experience desirable (formal or otherwise).
- Proven business analysis skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven technical writing skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of user acceptance testing of software.
- Must be able to travel.
Along with the usual package you would expect today including a competitive salary, private healthcare, income protection and life cover. We know that there is more to life and offer a supportive and flexible environment where team and community is key. We want to support everyone in achieving their career aspirations and goals and understand our success is only determined by the success of our team. Our team across the business has the opportunity to drive innovation and we encourage everyone to take an active part in progressing the business.
All this and not to mention the amazing office, a health and wellbeing programme, access to training resources, annual away day, and many other social activities throughout the year.
If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, then apply today by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note this is a full time, permanent position. Only applicants progressing to the next stage will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE