AutoRek is a leading provider of financial controls, regulatory reporting and data management software. Established in 1994, we are a fast paced and innovative FinTech with a customer base made up of some of the world’s leading financial services companies and we continue to go from strength to strength. With some ambitious targets for the coming years and significant growth to our customer base planned, we are now looking to expand our fantastic team of Application Support Engineers to ensure we continue to provide an excellent service to all AutoRek users. This is an exciting time to join a growing team that is making a real impact on our business.
Overview of the role:
Based within our Head Office in the heart of Glasgow’s Innovation District, our Application Support Engineers provide 1st to 3rd lines of support to more than 600 AutoRek users across our 60 plus customers. The main objective of the role is to provide support to customers experiencing issues with the application and manage these through to resolution in line with agreed SLAs. In addition, the role involves supporting our Cloud customer base from facilitating the creation of environments via our Cloud provider to managing subsequent deployments to those environments. This is a diverse and challenging role where problem solving and communication skills are as important as technical capability.
What you will do:
• Provide 1st and 2nd line application support to our users for issues in live environments
• Carry out investigations and reach the appropriate escalation points to work through to resolution to the satisfaction of the customer and within agreed SLAs
• Planning and completing proactive maintenance and health checks across our customer base
• Provide support to our increasing number of Cloud based customers, understanding the specifics of these platforms
• Deployment of release and configuration changes following our Change Management procedures.
• Knowledge share across the team and continuous improvement of our support toolset.
Your skills & knowledge:
• Experience in an Application Support role
• T-SQL or ANSI-SQL knowledge
• Problem solving skills with a solid understanding of fault logging, tracking and resolution
• Experience with remote support using screen share and/or VPN connections
• Knowledge and understanding of ITIL specifically problem, change and incident management processes
• Team player with a methodical and reliable approach to problem solving
Desirable skills & knowledge:
• Educated to HND level or equivalent in a computing discipline
• SQL Server preferably 2012 onwards
• Knowledge of MS SQL database administration/maintenance
• Experience on investigating DB performance issues
• Cloud Knowledge (Azure preferred)
We offer a competitive salary, private healthcare, income protection and life cover. In addition, we offer a supportive and flexible environment where team and community are key. We look to support everyone in achieving their career aspirations and goals and understand our success is only determined by the success of our team. We therefore provide access to the Pluralsight platform, a generous training budget across the company and provide access to industry events. All this and not to mention a fantastic Head Office located in the Innovation District of Glasgow, a health and wellbeing programme, your birthday off, fully stocked snack bar (and beer fridge for a Friday), annual Away Day and many other social activities throughout the year. If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, then apply today.