Overview of the role:
AutoRek needs to do more than simply keep pace; we want to lead the way. Our Edinburgh based Product Development team’s primary focus is to do just that. They work to improve, innovate and develop AutoRek – our core financial management solution.
Working as part of a close-knit team, our Developers deliver software solutions either through creation of programs, configuration/customisation of platforms, or a combination of both. This along with the capture & analysis of requirements is all part of the role. Our Developers focus on technical solutions to the challenges facing our customers now and in the future.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Undertake specific assigned tasks e.g. bug fixes, small features and customisations.
- Running of automated and manual tests
- Developing knowledge of the AutoRek code base (or its related modules.)
- Developing knowledge of the primary Product Development tools, in particular SQLBUILD and the build process. Able to find and modify tools under guidance.
- Developing knowledge of key product processes, in particular code review, build, and use of version control.
Technical Skills Required:
Basic understanding of components of Microsoft / Web development environment including:
- C# + .NET Framework / .NET Core (or translatable skills from other environments)
- ASP.NET Razor, MVC, web forms
- SQL (SQL Server especially)
- HTML5, CSS
- At least 2 years in a Microsoft-based development environment.
- Relevant Microsoft certifications.
- Educated to degree level in a computing subject is preferred
- Team player with a methodical and reliable approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
Along with the usual package you would expect today including a competitive salary, private healthcare, income protection and life cover. We know that there is more to life and offer a supportive and flexible environment where team and community is key. We want to support everyone in achieving their career aspirations and goals and understand our success is only determined by the success of our team. Our team across the business has the opportunity to drive innovation and we encourage everyone to take an active part in progressing the business.
All this and not to mention the amazing brand new office, a health and wellbeing programme, access to Pluralsight and other training resources, annual away day, and many other social activities throughout the year.
If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, then apply today. Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Only applicants progressing to the next stage will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE