Position: Technical Solutions Consultant
Salary: Highly Competitive + Benefits
AutoRek is a leading provider of financial controls, regulatory reporting and data management software. Established in 1994, we are a fast paced and innovative FinTech with a customer base made up of some of the world’s leading financial services companies and we continue to go from strength to strength.
With some ambitious targets for the coming years including significant growth to our customer base, we are now looking to grow our fantastic and dedicated Technical Consulting and Delivery team. Working across a number of sectors including Banking, Asset Management and Insurance, our Consultants have to be technically strong, versatile in their approach and be able to build strong and lasting relationships with our customers who could be anywhere in the world.
Overview of the role:
Based within our brand-new Head Office in the heart of Glasgow’s Innovation District, our Technical Consultancy and Delivery team have the primary focus of providing a best in class experience for our customers. No two customers or implementations are the same. From boutique asset management firms to Tier 1 banks, our customers are diverse in terms of data, sector and the challenges faced but with one thing in common, the excellent experience with AutoRek and our team.
Our Technical Solutions Consultants don’t just gather requirements and configure the AutoRek platform to deliver a project, they are pivotal in forging relationships of trust and understanding with our customers. They do this through fully engaging and understanding each customer’s business and their requirements. It is the combination of technical knowledge and business understanding in an ever changing industry that sets our Consultants apart.
Responsibilities of role:
- Configuration of the AutoRek platform
- Undertake software coding primarily in SQL
- Understand, document and communicate business requirements with guidance and mentoring from other solution consultants •
- Work within a variety of development project environments and build/delivery styles
- Build relationships and understanding with client staff and stakeholders
- Adhere to company standards with regards configuration and build
- Travel within UK and potentially Internationally working on client sites alongside AutoRek and client project teams
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a technical role ideally focused on data analysis, data science or similar
- Educated to degree level in a computing related, business or highly numerate subject desirable.
- Experience in writing and interpreting specification documentation
- An understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate into software configuration requirements
- Working within an agile methodology such as Scrum
- Team player with a methodical and reliable approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
In terms of technical skills, successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge of relational database development and design, ideally on Microsoft SQL 2016 and later
- Experience of multiple aspects of design & build such as Reporting, ETL, Business Intelligence and Analysis
- Understanding of development life cycle and key elements such as continuous integration, automated testing
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS) would be advantageous
Along with the usual package you would expect today including a competitive salary, private healthcare, income protection and life cover. We know that there is more to life and offer a supportive and flexible environment where team and community is key. We want to support everyone in achieving their career aspirations and goals and understand our success is only determined by the success of our team. Our team across the business has the opportunity to drive innovation and we encourage everyone to take an active part in progressing the business.
All this and not to mention the amazing brand new office, a health and wellbeing programme, access to Pluralsight and other training resources, annual away day, and many other social activities throughout the year.
If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, then apply today. Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Only applicants progressing to the next stage will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE