FCA CASS regulations have been in place for around 20 years. The current rules and guidance have remained unchanged since PS14/9 came into force between 2014 and 2015.
Despite this, 98% of investment professionals in the UK say that CASS compliance remains a significant focus for their firm’s senior management team.
This is likely because firms continue to face a number of key challenges:
- Correct interpretation of the – somewhat prescriptive – CASS rulebook
- Ensuring appropriate identification and segregation of client assets at all times
- Embedding robust processes that meet requirements and can be efficiently completed
- Building a CASS culture throughout an organisation to emphasise the importance of compliance
- Effectively maintaining CASS governance and oversight to detect and resolve issues swiftly
- Staying on top of FCA communications – including its ambition for data-driven oversight
The CASS compliance guidebook: Regulatory guidelines and automated software considerations
While CASS 6 and CASS 7 are often the primary compliance focus, investment firms in the UK would still benefit from a further understanding of the full range of guidelines. To help you navigate through each area of the rulebook, we’ve outlined the requirements for each area of CASS:
- CASS 3 – Collateral
- CASS 5 – Client Money: Insurance distribution activity
- CASS 6 – Custody rules
- CASS 7 – Client Money rules
- CASS 8 – Mandates
- CASS 10 – CASS Resolution Pack
- CASS 11 – Client Money: Debt Management
- CASS 13 – Client Money: Claims Management
- Client Money and Asset Return – regulatory reporting
- CASS Governance
You’ll also learn the common challenges of CASS compliance and how AutoRek’s end-to-end CASS solution can help you stay compliant.
To access this resource, please complete the short form provided.